Wednesday, January 31, 2007

McFlickr

So I got an email that says I have to get a Yahoo! account to use Flickr now.

Yes, I know they bought them and are free to do what they feel they need to do. It shouldn't be so odd, I had to change to my Google login to resume using this blog.

But here's the deal....

I really don't like Yahoo!

I never have. I don't like their tools, I don't like their manner, I don't like the look of their face.

They are not my playground friend.

What about Google? What about Picassa?

Well, I like Google only a bit more than Yahoo!

They're like that guy that had a party at his house and had good beer, didn't play any Creed or Nickelback, but was still sort of an ass.

I have Gmail, but rarely use it. I use Blogger, but also have a Wordpress account. In other words, I'm not tied to it.

I'm sure in the next few weeks, scores of people who contribute more to the whole blog thing will be declaring their love for the new great startup photo sharing site.

I'll be checking them all out, too.

Pity tho, Flickr was pretty fucking cool.

No comments: