Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hilt

When you hear this song, you will not immediately think "Skinny Puppy!" Nor will you think that on subsequent listens, but Hilt is, in fact, a Skinny Puppy side project.

This track is an old favorite from my early 20's from the aptly named "Journey to the Center of the Bowl" LP. My roommate at the time had this bizarre collection of outsider music and would pick up almost anything in the sub-dollar bin and adopt it as her own personal favorite.

Occasionally this worked in my favor as it introduced me to Hilt and others such as Hugo Largo, Ween, and Flat Duo Jets.

Both the name of the song and the sound always made me associate it with a Jesus and Mary Chain vibe. See what you think.

This is Superhoney by Hilt from the album Journey to the Center of the Bowl.



The Song
Superhoney (3.8MB MP3)

The Site
Allmusic Profile

The Album
Journey to the Center of the Bowl

No comments: